Principal Trading Firms are relatively small, non-complex firms with flat organization structures. Importantly, our members trade for own account and risk only, and do not hold or manage client...
The FIA European Principal Traders Association represents more than 25 trading firms in Europe that trade their own capital in futures, options and equities markets worldwide. FIA EPTA supports transparent, robust and safe markets with a level playing field for all. FIA EPTA members believe principal traders contribute significantly to markets by providing liquidity and enabling immediate risk transfer by others.
The FIA European Principal Traders Association represents traders in Europe that trade their own capital
- The association voices traders’ opinions to legislators and regulators in Brussels and EU member states
- The association promotes the standing of firms from across Europe to create a better understanding of trading practices
- The association operates out of Amsterdam and London with independent governance under the FIA brand
A joint approach by principal traders can increase the impact of advocacy in a dynamic landscape
- The European regulatory landscape continues to be very dynamic
- A joint approach complements the actions of individual firms and provides legitimacy to their statements and submissions
- Candidate members are requested to underwrite the principles of the FIA EPTA
FIA EPTA members consider that, generally speaking, the longer hours in Europe do not seem to provide a benefit to market liquidity and observe that the shorter hours in, for example, the U.S....
FIA EPTA members are supportive of the overarching objective of the FRANDT concept which is to increase access to client clearing services by ensuring that clearing members provide clearing...
FIA EPTA members support high standards of market integrity and agree with ESMA’s approach in its consultation on the Review of MAR. FIA EPTA members would welcome strengthening the EU regulatory...