Comments from Piebe Teeboom, Secretary General of FIA EPTA, representing 30 independent proprietary trading investment firms operating in Europe, on the European Commission proposals on the new...
The FIA European Principal Traders Association represents more than 25 trading firms in Europe that trade their own capital in futures, options and equities markets worldwide. FIA EPTA supports transparent, robust and safe markets with a level playing field for all. FIA EPTA members believe principal traders contribute significantly to markets by providing liquidity and enabling immediate risk transfer by others.
The FIA European Principal Traders Association represents traders in Europe that trade their own capital
- The association voices traders’ opinions to legislators and regulators in Brussels and EU member states
- The association promotes the standing of firms from across Europe to create a better understanding of trading practices
- The association operates out of Amsterdam and London with independent governance under the FIA brand
A joint approach by principal traders can increase the impact of advocacy in a dynamic landscape
- The European regulatory landscape continues to be very dynamic
- A joint approach complements the actions of individual firms and provides legitimacy to their statements and submissions
- Candidate members are requested to underwrite the principles of the FIA EPTA
Letter to Didier Millerot (Head of Unit D2, DG FISMA) by FIA European Principal Traders Association (FIA EPTA) concerning the European Banking Authority’s (EBA) technical advice to the European...
On the basis of Articles 508(2) and (3) of Regulation (EU) No 575/20131 (CRR) the European Commission is drafting a legislative proposal on a prudential regime for investment firms. We welcome the...
On 4 September 2017 FIA EPTA responded to the ESMA consultation on the evaluation for the Short-selling Regulation, in particular focusing on market making activities (MMA exemption).